Life is Belief & Struggle - Ahmed Shawqi

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Is This Because I'm A Lesbian? Shorter Kathleen Wynne







“What is it that especially disqualifies me for the job that I’m doing? Is it that I’m a woman? Is it that I’m a mother? Is it that I have a master’s of education? Is it that I was a school council chair? Is it that I was the minister of education?” Wynne said in the house, staring down the Tory MPP.  “What is it exactly that the member opposite thinks disqualifies me from doing the job that I’m doing? What is that?” she demanded. The Toronto Star

But for rest of us, the answer is really simple: you are not the mother or father of our children.

You do not get to make those decisions for our children.

You do not have parental rights to our children.

You do not provide the necessities of life to our children.

In fact, your government is steadily eroding the size of our pay cheques. Pay cheques with which we provide the necessities of life to our children, but mostly, it is because we live in a land where the progeny of any womb is not in service to the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment